Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with
certain personally identifiable information that can be used
to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally
identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
• Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our
• Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
• Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
• Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Bitabeats Media Ltd Corp. uses the collected data for
• To provide and maintain our Service
• To notify you about changes to our Service
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
• To provide customer support
• To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
• To monitor the usage of our Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
• To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA), Bitabeats
Media Ltd Corp. legal basis for collecting and using the
depends on the Personal Data we collect and the specific
context in which we collect it. Bitabeats Media Ltd Corp.
may process your Personal Data because:
• We need to perform a contract with you
• You have given us permission to do so
• The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
• To comply with the law
Business Transaction If Bitabeats Media Ltd Corp. is
involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your
Personal Data may be transferred. We will provide notice
before your Personal Data is transferred and becomes subject
Enforcement Under certain circumstances, Bitabeats Media Ltd
Corp. may be required to disclose your Personal Data if
required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by
public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Legal Requirements Bitabeats Media Ltd Corp. may disclose
your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action
is necessary to:
• To comply with a legal obligation
• To protect and defend the rights or property of Bitabeats Media Ltd Corp.
• To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
• To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
• To protect against legal liability
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We do not support Do Not Track ("DNT"). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA),
you have certain data protection rights. Bitabeats Media Ltd
Corp. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct,
amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at email@example.com
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
• The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
• The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
• The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
• The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
• The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Bitabeats Media Ltd Corp. relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. We may allow other companies, called third-party ad servers or ad networks, to serve advertisements within our services. These third-party ad servers or ad networks use technology to send the advertisements and links that appear on our site and apps. We do not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data for Roku Services. These analytics services may also collect information regarding your use of other companies’ websites, apps, online services, and devices. For example, you can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads
when you visit our Service. These companies may use
aggregated information (not including your name, address,
email address or telephone number) about your visits to this
and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about
goods and services of interest to you. If you would like
more information about this practice and to know your
choices about not having this information used by these
companies, please see:
We work with advertising measurement providers to help us and our Advertisers understand the effectiveness of ad campaigns, including the audience that saw their ads and how they responded. These measurement providers collect or receive information about your viewing of or interaction with ads, including ads that you view within Roku Direct Publisher Channels, Roku’s Channels and Third-Party Channels, as well as ads included in content that you view through your Roku TV’s antenna and connected devices (if you enabled Roku’s Smart TV Experience as described above in Part I, Section B(3)), and ads you view on other websites, mobile apps, and connected devices (including Smart TVs) to which Roku provides advertising services. We may also share your demographics data and audience segments (e.g. sports fans, sitcom enthusiasts, cord cutters, etc.) with advertising measurement providers.
Measurement providers use your information to create statistics about what content and ads are being watched – for example, to help them and their clients understand the audience viewing the content or ads, and to measure the effectiveness of the ads.
Roku, through its advertising services, provides measurement and analytics solutions to other companies. In providing these services, we analyze and reorganize ad campaign data from these companies and provide analytics reports to help them better understand the audience that viewed the company’s ads and whether those viewers belong to the same household.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important to us. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers. Under 16 viewers must use the Bitabeats Media Ltd Corp. sites under adult supervision.
This Privacy Statement applies to the web sites and applications targeted to kids below 13 years by Bitabeats Media Ltd Corp. (collectively, “we”, “our”, or “us”). This Privacy Statement governs your use of our Sites and Apps, regardless of how you access or use them. By “Sites”, we mean any website or URL of ours that we have linked to this Privacy Statement and all features, applications, content, and downloads that are operated by us and that are available through the Sites, and by “Mobile Apps” and “Apps”, we mean our products and services that we make available via mobile telecommunications platforms and/or through social networking platforms or app stores, if you are visiting the Sites, please also review the Sites’ Term of Service.
WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER 13. We take many special precautions to protect the privacy of children under 13.
• At our websites and through our apps intended for children,
we do not collect personal contact information (like full
name, birthdate, phone number or home address) from children
without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, except in
limited circumstances authorized by law.
• We collect some information (like IP address, mobile device UDID, operating system, etc.) automatically and use technology like cookies to provide functionality and support our operations.
• We do not ask for more personal information than is necessary for a child to view our videos.
• We take steps to prevent children from posting or publicly disclosing personal contact information.
• Parents can ask us to update or delete their children’s information.
We use technology, like cookies, to recognize visitors by their user name when they revisit our Site and to screen for age in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). We may also use technology for similar purposes in our Apps.
We also use technology to recognize returning visitors, for research, and for other purposes, including to screen under-age visitors from certain features or areas intended for older visitors, and to collect certain information automatically. We require our advertising service partners to comply with self-regulatory guidelines on targeted advertising. We do not permit interest-based advertising on Sites directed to children under 13 or where we have actual knowledge that a child is under 13.
We sometimes collect information from adults and teens to
serve your needs, manage our content and advertising, operate
efficiently, and improve our products and services.
• We may collect personal contact information, like e-mail address from consumers 13 or older when voluntarily submitted.
• Registration may be required to use some Sites, services or Apps.
• We may obtain information from commercial sources and combine it with information we have collected.
• Certain information may be collected automatically at our Sites or Apps, like your IP address, UDID, browser setting, operating system, referring domain, language preferences, mobile carrier if you are using a mobile device, general location (e.g., zip code, but not specific address without consent) and other information.
• Third parties may also collect certain information via our Sites or Apps.
• Our Sites, services and Apps use technology, like cookies
and web beacons, to manage registrations or access to certain
features, store your settings and preferences, conduct
age-screening, offer you personalized content, shop, help us
understand the features that appeal to visitors, and manage
advertising, among other things.
• We also work with third parties who offer analytics or deliver targeted ads online or through Apps. They use technology and collect device identifiers, such as your IP address or mobile UDID, and information on your activities, to do so. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads but will still see ads, although they may be less relevant to you.
• Tools are available to help you control some of these technologies.
• Bitabeats Media Ltd Corp. and its agents or service providers or business partners may receive and store certain information automatically when you visit our Sites, use an online service or download or use a mobile App. This may include information on your browser type and operating system, the pages that you view, referring sites (sites you visited before you came to our site and sites you go to after you visit our site), IP addresses, or unique device identifiers associated with mobile devices, smart phones, etc. This information allows us to count the total number of “hits” on our Sites or installation and frequency of use of our Apps.
• We collect certain information using technology, like cookies and pixel tags.
• Find out more about these technologies and how you can control their use below.
A “cookie” is a small file that does not contain personally
identifiable information and is saved on your computer or
mobile device. Cookies help improve your user experience, and
allow us to analyze our Sites and Apps and manage our
• You can set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent or turn off all cookies through your Internet browser (e.g., Internet Explorer or Safari). Check your browser’s Help menu or your built-in mobile device settings to find out how. Some mobile devices store cookies not only in areas connected to the browser, but also in areas that are app-specific so these cookies cannot be controlled by the browser settings. Check your app settings options on your mobile device to find out how to manage or delete cookies that may be stored in these other areas.
• Please note that if you do not accept cookies, some features or activities may not be available to you.
We also use other technology, called web beacons, pixel tags or clear GIFs, to provide us with other important anonymous information, such as when an e-mail has been opened. Companies that advertise on our Sites may also place web beacons in their ads to help develop statistics on the effectiveness of advertising at our Sites. We do not control web beacons in third party ads.
For some Apps or services, we or our third-party service and content providers and analytics companies may collect location information, including location information provided either by a mobile device interacting with one of our Apps or associated with your IP address or WiFi network. These features might enable you to engage in activities like find a nearby store or play certain games, for example. You can generally limit or prohibit the collection of location information by using the built-in settings on your mobile device. You will typically be notified if the App or service collects location information and given a chance to agree. We do not permit collection of precise location information (actual address) in mobile Apps without your consent. Child-directed Apps do not collect precise location information.
We respect your choices about receiving promotional offers and updates from us.
Your device may allow you to block or manage push notifications, location information, in-app purchases, or ability to access the web.
We may share information:
• Within our family of companies, and with our agents and service providers.
• As necessary to satisfy a legal request, protect property or personal safety, when a business is bought or sold, or as otherwise allowed or required by law.
Our Sites or Apps may link to or use other content from the Internet, including content offered by third parties that we do not control and whose privacy and data collection practices may differ from ours. Your computer or mobile device settings may allow you to block or partially block web access, but those settings may not be effective in all cases.
We strive to maintain the security of information but cannot guarantee that information security measures are fail-safe
This Site and the servers that make this Site available may not be located in your country of residence and are governed by U.S. laws. By using this Site, you agree to the transfer, collection, processing and use of data by this Site and us. This Site, the servers that make this Site available, and databases where we house information may not be located in your country of residence, and applicable privacy laws may differ. However, we take reasonable steps to safeguard personal information as outlined in this Privacy Statement. By using this Site, you agree to the transfer, collection, processing and use of data as set forth in this Privacy Statement, our Terms and Conditions, and any other terms provided at the time of collection. However, related to mobile apps, the servers that store the data will be of the respective platforms.
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting the updated Privacy Statement online. We will not change how we handle previously collected information without providing notice.
If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights. Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will respond to you within 30 days of receiving such a request.
We strive always to be transparent and clear about our policies. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.